Major Lindsey Williams
The Fire Marshal’s Office of the State Police was created through legislative authority by Act 254 of 1955 (ACA 12-13-101 through 116) giving the Director of the Arkansas State Police/State Fire Marshal specific responsibilities and authority to prevent fires in the State of Arkansas.
Among the responsibilities of the Fire Marshal are the prevention of fires, regulatory authority for storage, sale and use of combustibles and explosives, licensing of fire alarm and sprinkler system installers and the suppression of arson and the investigation of the cause, origin and circumstances of suspicious fires.
Licensing and Regulatory Oversight
- Arkansas Fire Prevention Code (Fire - Building - Residential)
- Combustibles/Explosives Sales and Storage
- Fire Alarm and Sprinkler System License
- Fire Escape and Fire Exit Regulation
- Fire Extinguisher Regulation