Application Deadline: ALL applications must be received by 5pm on September 29th, 2017 to be considered for the 2018 Recruit Class.
The Arkansas State Police is always searching for the next generation of State Troopers. We are hiring for the upcoming 2018 Recruit School.
Arkansas State Police Trooper Hiring Information and Forms:
The demands and expectations placed on an Arkansas State Trooper are extraordinary. That’s why the Arkansas State Police has some of the highest minimum standards required of any applicant who choose to enter a law enforcement career. Please send COMPLETED forms to "
- Minimum Qualifications
- Initial Contact Form - Physical Fitness - Medical Release Package (Please send your completed initial contact form and medical waiver to: Arkansas State Police, Attn: Recruiting Division, 1 State Police Plaza Drive, Little Rock, Arkansas 72209)
- Arkansas State Police Physical Abilites Fitness Test (Instructional Video)
- Transfers and Promotions
After sending in the completed initial contact form and medical waiver, if you qualify, you will receive a letter (mailed to the address you listed on your initial contact form) that will list the date and time of your physical abilities test date, as well as a written test date. ***Be advised: You must pass the physical abilities test to take the written tests.
For information on the physical abilities test, click on Arkansas State Police Physical Abilities Fitness Test (Instructional Video) above .
Upon your successful completion of the physical abilities test and written test, you will be contacted for a polygraph exam and background investigation.
The following steps remain in the hiring process:
- Background Investigation
- Interview Process
- ASP Commission Approval
- Conditional Letter of Hire
- Medical and Psychological Examinations
- Recruit Orientation
- Recruit School Start Date: February 18, 2018 (Applicant must be 21 years old by this date)
Please note: ** You must successfully complete each step to move to the next.
Contact a Recruiter:
Main Recruiting Line 1-800-340-4255
Sergeant Wanda James (501) 618-8501
Corporal Shawn Mason (501) 618-8724