SALARY: Recruits begin earning a salary upon their initial report to the Arkansas State Police Training Academy. Presently the hourly rate for a recruit is $16.58 ($34,500 annually) while enrolled at the academy. Upon graduation from the State Police Academy the hourly wage increases to $17.30 ($36,000 annually).
VACATION & SICK LEAVE: New Troopers qualify for eleven paid holidays, twelve paid vacation days and twelve days of paid sick leave (*inclusive of spouse/domestic partner, child or parent).
- Healthcare insurance is paid by the state for Trooper (Recruit) and family
- Certificate pay up to $1,200 annually (*State Police Director discretion)
- Retirement contributions are paid by the state.
- Uniforms and equipment are furnished
- Eligible for career service pay following ten years of state service
- Opportunities for overtime duty