« Go Back

Concealed Handgun Carry Licensing

Arkansas citizens who are interested in obtaining a concealed handgun carry license, will find the necessary information and links in this section. Before you begin, please read the Arkansas CHCL Laws and view the frequently asked questions section to guide you through this licensing process. 

Locate a CHCL Instructor >

New Application

Renewal Application

Check the Status of a Current Application

Transfer License from another State

Arkansas CHCL Law & Administrative Rules

Replacement Form

Change of Address or Name Notification Form

Note: A new license will not be printed unless you complete a replacement form also.


Qualification to become an Arkansas Concealed Handgun Carry Firearms Safety Training Instructor

Current Instructors only

Concealed Handgun Carry License >

Frequently Asked Questions

Is my concealed handgun carry license issued in another state honored in Arkansas?  Yes, but you are bound by the Arkansas concealed handgun carry law and rules.

How do I know what states honor my Arkansas concealed handgun carry license?  You will need to contact the state to which you intend to travel to make that determination.

How long will it take to process my application?  The law allows up to four months for ASP to process the application.  Things that may cause that time limit to be extended:

  • If fingerprints are not classifiable and must be resubmitted
  • Having incomplete criminal history information
  • Not submitting all necessary information, such as proof of citizenship for persons born outside the United States
  • Training page expired, incomplete or not signed
  • Not promptly responding to requests for further information from ASP

License Reciprocity

Effective August 16, 2013, the State of Arkansas acknowledges all concealed handgun carry licenses lawfully issued by another state.

It is the individual responsibility of each Arkansas concealed carry licensees who may travel outside the State of Arkansas to determine whether their license is lawfully acknowledged within other out of state jurisdictions.