Concealed Handgun Carry Licensing
Arkansas citizens who are interested in obtaining a concealed handgun carry license, will find the necessary information and links in this section. Before you begin, please read the Arkansas CHCL Laws and view the frequently asked questions section to guide you through this licensing process.
- Apply Online - Instructions | Application (Preferred method)
- Apply on Paper - Instructions | Application Form
Check the Status of a Current Application
Transfer License from another State
- Concealed Handgun Carry License (CHCL) Laws (revised November 2013)
- CHCL Administrative Rules (revised November 2013)
Change of Address or Name Notification Form
Note: A new license will not be printed unless you complete a replacement form also.
Qualification to become an Arkansas Concealed Handgun Carry Firearms Safety Training Instructor
- See Rule 14 of the CHCL Rules (above) for specific qualifications
- Instructor Application Instructions
- Instructor Application Form
- CHCL Training Instruction Manual (minimum requirements)
Current Instructors only
Is my concealed handgun carry license issued in another state honored in Arkansas? Yes, but you are bound by the Arkansas concealed handgun carry law and rules.
How do I know what states honor my Arkansas concealed handgun carry license? You will need to contact the state to which you intend to travel to make that determination.
If I am from another state that allows open carry of a handgun with a license, may I open carry my handgun in Arkansas? No. Arkansas will honor the license issued by another state but the person will be bound by the Arkansas law and rules which require the handgun to be concealed.
How long will it take to process my application? The law allows up to four months for ASP to process the application. Things that may cause that time limit to be extended:
- If fingerprints are not classifiable and must be resubmitted
- Having incomplete criminal history information
- Not submitting all necessary information, such as proof of citizenship for persons born outside the United States
- Training page expired, incomplete or not signed
- Not promptly responding to requests for further information from ASP
Effective August 16, 2013, the State of Arkansas acknowledges all concealed handgun carry licenses lawfully issued by another state.
It is the individual responsibility of each Arkansas concealed carry licensees who may travel outside the State of Arkansas to determine whether their license is lawfully acknowledged within other out of state jurisdictions.