The Arkansas State Police is always searching
for the next generation of State Troopers.
Arkansas State Police Trooper Hiring Information and Forms:
The demands and expectations placed on an Arkansas State Trooper are extraordinary. That’s why the Arkansas State Police has some of the highest minimum standards required of any applicant who choose to enter a law enforcement career.
* The application process has closed for the 2018 recruit class, but interested candidates are always encouraged to file an application. Each Initial Contact Form and Medical Release Form is held for twelve months. If you are interested in becoming an Arkansas State Trooper, please read more from the material linked below and submit your application.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Initial Contact Form - Physical Fitness - Medical Release Package (Please send your completed initial contact form and medical waiver to: Arkansas State Police, Attn: Recruiting Division, 1 State Police Plaza Drive, Little Rock, Arkansas 72209)
- Arkansas State Police Physical Abilites Fitness Test (Instructional Video)
- Transfers and Promotions
After sending in the completed initial contact form and medical waiver, if you qualify, you will receive a letter (mailed to the address you listed on your initial contact form) that will list the date and time of your physical abilities test date, as well as a written test date. ***Be advised: You must pass the physical abilities test to take the written tests.
For information on the physical abilities test, click on Arkansas State Police Physical Abilities Fitness Test (Instructional Video) above .
Upon your successful completion of the physical abilities test and written test, you will be contacted for a polygraph exam and background investigation.
The following steps remain in the hiring process:
- Background Investigation
- Interview Process
- ASP Commission Approval
- Conditional Letter of Hire
- Medical and Psychological Examinations
- Recruit Orientation
- Recruit School Start Date: February 25, 2018 (Applicant must be 21 years old by this date)
Please note: ** You must successfully complete each step to move to the next.
Contact a Recruiter:
Main Recruiting Line 1-800-340-4255
Sergeant Wanda James (501) 618-8501
Sergeant Craig Teague (501) 618-8724