The Arkansas State Police is always looking for qualified applicants to become Arkansas State Troopers. The deadline to apply for the 2019-A Recruit Class has passed, but if you are intrested in becoming a trooper we want to meet you!
After graduating from the ASP 2019-A Recruit School, new Troopers will be placed in the following counties:
Troop A - Pulaski County (4 spots)
Troop B - Sharp County, White County
Troop C - Mississippi County (2 spots)
Troop D - Woodruff County, Prairie County, Crittenden County
Troop E - Jefferson County (2 spots), Arkansas County
Troop F - Chicot County, Drew County, Cleveland County, Union County (2 spots)
Troop G - Hempstead County, Nevada County
Troop H - Sebastian County, Scott County
Troop I - Boone County
Troop J - Van Buren County (2 spots)
Troop K - Grant County, Hot Spring County
Troop L - Washington County (2 spots)
Arkansas State Police Trooper Hiring Information and Forms:
The demands and expectations placed on an Arkansas State Trooper are extraordinary. That’s why the Arkansas State Police has some of the highest minimum standards required of any applicant who choose to enter a law enforcement career.
* Each Initial Contact Form and Medical Release Form is held for twelve months. If you are interested in becoming an Arkansas State Trooper, please read more from the material linked below and submit your application.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Initial Contact Form - Physical Fitness - Medical Release Package (Please send your completed initial contact form and medical waiver to: Arkansas State Police, Attn: Recruiting Division, 1 State Police Plaza Drive, Little Rock, Arkansas 72209)
- Arkansas State Police Physical Abilites Fitness Test (Instructional Video)
- Transfers and Promotions
After sending in the completed initial contact form and medical waiver, if you qualify, you will receive a letter (mailed to the address you listed on your initial contact form) that will list the date and time of your physical abilities test date, as well as a written test date. ***Be advised: You must pass the physical abilities test to take the written tests.
For information on the physical abilities test, click on Arkansas State Police Physical Abilities Fitness Test (Instructional Video) above .
Upon your successful completion of the physical abilities test and written test, you will be contacted for a polygraph exam and background investigation.
FOR RECRUIT CLASS 2019-A: The following steps remain in the hiring process:
- Background Investigation
- Interview Process
- ASP Commission Approval
- Conditional Letter of Hire
- Medical and Psychological Examinations
- Recruit Orientation
- Recruit School Start Date: February 24, 2019 (Applicant must be 21 years old by this date)
Please note: ** You must successfully complete each step to move to the next.
Contact a Recruiter:
Main Recruiting Line 1-800-340-4255
Sergeant Wanda James (501) 618-8501
Sergeant Craig Teague (501) 618-8724