Concealed Handgun Carry Licensing
Arkansas citizens who are interested in obtaining a concealed handgun carry license, will find the necessary information and links in this section. Before you begin, please read the Arkansas CHCL Laws and view the frequently asked questions section to guide you through this licensing process.
New and Renewal Applications
- Apply Online - Instructions | Application (Preferred method)
- Apply on Paper - Instructions | Application Form
- Renew Online - Application (Preferred method)
- Renew on Paper - Instructions | Application Form
Check the Status of a Current Application
Transfer License to Arkansas from another State
Enhanced Concealed Handgun Carry Information
- Concealed Handgun Carry License (CHCL) Laws (5-73-301 through 327)
- Arkansas Weapons Laws (Possession/Use Generally) (5-73-101 though 133)
- CHCL Administrative Rules (revised effective June 25, 2018)
- Locations Where Possession of a Handgun is Prohibited
Note: A new license will not be printed unless you complete a replacement form also. It is not necessary to complete a replacement form if the change of name/address is done at the time of renewal.
Qualification to become an Arkansas Concealed Handgun Carry Firearms Safety Training Instructor
- See Rule 14 of the CHCL Rules (above) for specific qualifications
- Instructor Application Instructions
- Instructor Application Form
- CHCL Training Instruction Manual (minimum requirements)
- ECHCL Training Instruction Manual (minimum requirements for ECHCL)
- Live Fire Qualification
- Non‐Violent Dispute Resolution
Current Instructors only
“Firearm Sensitive” Areas Application and Information
Is my concealed handgun carry license issued in another state honored in Arkansas? Yes, but you are bound by the Arkansas concealed handgun carry law and rules.
How do I know what states honor my Arkansas concealed handgun carry license? You will need to contact the state to which you intend to travel to make that determination.
If I have never had a CHCL before, but I want an Enhanced CHCL, do I have to take both classes? Yes, you must take the basic class (5 hours) and the enhanced training class (approximately 8 hours) (approximately 15 hours total training). After successful completion of both courses the instructor will provide the applicant with a completed basic Concealed Handgun Carry License training page and an Enhanced Concealed Handgun Carry License training page (two separate training pages). Read More...
How long will it take to process my application? The law allows up to four months for ASP to process the application. Things that may cause that time limit to be extended:
- If fingerprints are not classifiable and must be resubmitted
- Having incomplete criminal history information
- Not submitting all necessary information, such as proof of citizenship for persons born outside the United States
- Training page expired, incomplete or not signed
- Not promptly responding to requests for further information from ASP
Effective August 16, 2013, the State of Arkansas acknowledges all concealed handgun carry licenses lawfully issued by another state.
It is the individual responsibility of each Arkansas concealed carry licensees who may travel outside the State of Arkansas to determine whether their license is lawfully acknowledged within other out of state jurisdictions.